Jeff Beleskey joined our firm in 2010 after practicing insurance litigation in Toronto, Ontario. He handles a large variety of litigation files, including motor vehicle tort claims, occupier’s liability, product liability, property disputes, professional negligence, personal injury, construction litigation, commercial and shareholder disputes, mortgage actions, estates litigation, wrongful dismissal and employment law. Jeff approaches litigation in a practical and straightforward manner, which has earned him the respect of both clients and colleagues.
Jeff grew up in Barrie and is an Innisdale Secondary School graduate. When it came time to raise his own family, it was an easy decision to return to Barrie. Jeff is currently a Legal Representative on the Research Ethics Board at the Royal Victoria Hospital. Jeff takes great pride in supporting and promoting the Canadian Forces as the Adjutant of the Honourable Guard of the Grey & Simcoe Forester’s Regiment. He also supports both the Simcoe County Bar and is a former council member for the Central-East Region of the Ontario Bar Association and the National Council of the Canadian Bar Association
He and his family can often be found skiing on a local hill, camping or riding their motocross bikes and ATVs on trails and tracks throughout Ontario. He enjoys coaching his son on a CHC sponsored Barrie Minor Baseball team or being a member of the “Dad’s Dance Troupe” at his daughter’s dance studio. He is also a fan of archery, hunting, fishing and camping.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Defence Lawyers
- Simcoe County Law Association
- Advocates’ Society
- Medico-Legal Society of Toronto
- Adjutant of the Honourable Guard of the Grey & Simcoe Forester’s Regiment
- Simcoe County Trust and Estate Lawyers Association (STELA)
- Barrie Real Estate Lawyers Association (BRELA)
- Honours Bachelor of Science (Specialist in Psychology), University of Toronto
- One-term exchange program, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich (Munich, Germany)
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Ottawa Faculty of Law
- Called to the Ontario Bar: 2010