Richard Heyd, 1953-2016
Our friend and colleague Richard Heyd passed away on January 2, 2016.
Richard Heyd joined Carroll Heyd Chown LLP in 1985 after practicing for several years in Timmins, Ontario. He practiced with us for 30 years, retiring in May 2015. Richard enjoyed the respect and admiration of his colleagues in our firm, his colleagues in the profession, his clients, and the judges before whom he appeared. Richard practiced exclusively in the areas of insurance related litigation and wrongful dismissal. He handled a wide variety of personal injury, automobile, occupiers’ liability, fire, property, casualty, and disability claims.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Simcoe County Law Association
- Ontario Insurance Adjusters Association
- Canadian Defence Lawyers
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Western Ontario
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Ottawa
- Called to the Ontario Bar: 1981